Approximate Date of Hike: Mid-May 2010

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm really looking forward to this hike and getting ready for it. Kim and I have talked about doing the hike for at least 6 yrs and maybe longer. I'd originally thought to do it in celebration of my 50th BD, but since that's only a couple of weeks away it will have to be in celebration of my 52nd.

The exercise and all the prep work is much easier for me when I'm doing it with friends - even if it's long distance like this! I am finding though that I really like doing the aerobics work on the treadmill and the other exercise that I've been doing. Am also working hard to get my diet under control. Not banning anything as such from the diet, but integrating more veggies and fruits into it. Thankfully a month into the exercise, I can feel the difference and have already had to buy a smaller size in shorts - Woohoo! That kind of incentive makes it a lot easier to exercise in this steamy heat.

Once the temps here are cooler, I plan to start day hikes on the weekends and will be posting pics occassionally that I'll be taking. =)

More later from me.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Congrats on the trimming down, Keep up the good work!

Rebekah said...

I'm really glad that this trip is starting to get everybody excited... I'm so happy for you on the smaller sizes!