I just wanted to remind all of us that a little bit each day is better than nothing. We don't have to make huge, sweeping changes - we probably wouldn't keep 'em. Just a little bit each day. Can we get another veggie or fruit into our day? How 'bout cutting down on portions? Then there's making a better choice, swapping one not so good for us food for something a little better. Maybe having a smaller candybar or soda. Don't forget about exercising, too. I know it's hot and muggy, but what about parking just a little farther or waiting till the sun goes down (or before it comes up to far) and taking a 10 minute walk? Just little things to incorporate into our days. Those little things add up.
Havasupai shouldn't be our ultimate goal (although it's good motivation). Our ultimate goal should be better health for our coming years (and yes, we're all getting up there - even me :) ). Think about facing those later years - are we gonna do our best now so that, Lord willing, we'll feel better then? Or are we gonna keep sliding now and possibly make things worse. I don't like that prospect.
So, just a little bit each day....
Kim
Approximate Date of Hike: Mid-May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're right...and I got in my little bit today! :)
Post a Comment