Approximate Date of Hike: Mid-May 2010

Saturday, July 19, 2008

After my first post this morning, I thought I better jump into "heavy duty" training mode.

1) For nourishment I went to the store and bought a pound of trail mix. :-)
2) Ate all of it on the 3 block drive hone drive home. 8-P
3) Practiced the switchbacks (aka mowed the lawn). :-)

I to am also looking forward to this trip, not so much the switchbacks on the way out though. It has been a few years since I hit the dusty trail with a pack on my back... for pleasure that is.

I hope Havasupai will be more Enjoyable this time because last time I had a cold and did not take a chance on getting in the pools at the base of the falls, but I still had a lot of fun and lived to tell about it.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

"Practiced the switchbacks (aka mowed the lawn). :-)" I love it!

I like what you did with your profile, too! If you need any help with anything, let me know. :)

Kim said...

So, when do you move from the lawn to Squaw Peak? (It will always be Squaw Peak to me - besides I don't know how to spell Piest...whatever.)
You might start with N. Mtn. It's not too bad if you go early in the am.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rebekah and Kim I just stopped by to say thanks for your kind comments on my weight loss blog. This is a really nice looking blog, I love the header picture very beautiful. I can see why you would want to hike that beautiful place. I hope and pray that you reach your goal.